The 4 Key benefits of video-based training for Restaurants
The 4 Key Benefits of Video-based Training
Training through Video is quickly becoming the medium of choice for many restaurant organizatios because it is cost effective, has long lasting positive effects and allows everyone to learn at their own pace. The result is a more productive, proficient and profitable work force. [You can watch a sample restaurant training video here.]
The 4 key benefits of video-based training are:
* Video based Training is Cost Effective
* Video based training has long-lasting effect on motivation and learning
* Allows everyone to learn according to their speed of learning
* Increase employees’ productivity and profitability
1. Video based Training is Cost Effective – Traditionally, staff need to travel from one site to another to attend/ conduct training and this generates a lot of investment for the organization in terms of cost and time. This investment could be a huge loss for the company given the high attrition rates in the hospitality segment. This is the reason that video based training, is preferred compared to traditional face to face training. Once created, the video training is available at any time and any place. Trainers can create materials that can be centrally housed on the web so employees can access it any time they need. This allows an organization to save a lot of time and expenses and invest the same in any other activity (John C. Boling).
2. Video based training has long-lasting effect on motivation and learning – People watch television / video on a daily basis for entertainment or educational purpose and can easily remember what they have seen. One of the main advantages of video based training is the ability to connect with trainees on an emotional and cognitive level. Visuals and graphics used in a video training can have a long-lasting effect on trainees. Trainees can connect themselves with videos on an emotional level and it can have solid effect on trainees’ cognitive learning as well as motivational learning. Training videos with legends and self-explanations can improve the trainees’ confidence to learn and imply the same on work (Lin, 2003).
3. Allows everyone to learn according to their speed of learning – Each individual has a different pace of learning and understanding. Individuals need a certain amount of time to understand the training material and this differs from person to person. Video training allows the individual to go through the training material at a pace which is most appropriate for their learning.
4. Increase employees’ productivity and profitability - According to a whitepaper written by Dave Boggs, founder of SyberWorks, online / video training programs help employees to increase their knowledge and skill levels. These video trainings will help them to become better at their jobs, more productive and efficient.
There will always be a need for face to face or one on one training in any restaurant, but solely relying on this traditional training format would be detrimental to the organization. It would be down right negligent to ignore the areas where Video based learning delivers a stronger result.